Tuesday 28 September 2010

Life After Victor


Since Victor and George appeared on my blog, I've had over 1000 hits. To illustrate just how large this number is, before the two Ugandans emailed me, I'd had roughly 70 hits in total, which was an average of about four people reading each entry. Still, I suppose that's what happens when you post things that are a little more entertaining (and someone posting a link on bt3a certainly helped things along a bit).

Anyway, how do you follow up such an interesting exchange? I'm not just going to keep replying to email fraudsters in an attempt to keep my view count ticking along. Maybe I'll do it once a year. Maybe I'll get back in contact with Victor* every birthday, see how he's getting on.

I'm going to post regularly with stuff, like everyone sets out to do in the first place. See if 1000 people are still interested in what I'm saying if it doesn't involve thieves and taxis.

db
______________________________________________________________________________
*Incidentally, I only yesterday had the sense to google Victor. I'd always assumed he was using a fake name, but it's hardly subtle when you choose Victor Uwaifo.

No comments:

Post a Comment