Friday 31 July 2009

Stuff what makes my life better #1

Here is a list of some stuff what makes my life better. Maybe it will make your life better too.


XKCD





This webcomic is the undisputed king of the universe. It almost always makes me laugh, and has a great mix of good humour, sweet sentimentality and geeky science and computing references. I recommended repeated and continuous viewing.


KEMPFOLDS











I was recently alerted to this by a friend. Viewing it caused a good amount of laughter, which proved to resurface when I went back to it later. Ideas like this are what makes the world a beautiful place – anything that is ridiculous, pointless and childish yet brilliant is pretty much as close to perfection as you can get, in my book (Seriously. Next time someone in a shop asks you your name, say that it’s Alan Bitch. Never fails to make me happy).


RADIOHEAD (Spotify link)


Not this song in particular, just in general. When I think of all the ways Radiohead have made me feel, it intimidates me. They’re really bastarding tremendous.



CRICKET

Because it's the sport of kings. Someone (not me) once said that a good game of football was like watching a great film but a good cricket match was like reading a great book. Whoever it was that said that, nailed it. At the moment, we (England) are hosting the Ashes, the most hotly contested and exciting test series there is - and it looks like we might take it back off the Aussies. Which is really wizard.


I suppose this post is in danger of being very boring. Hopefully anyone reading it will like at least one of the things. Next post will be another proper one, hopefully.

db

1 comment:

Soul Girls said...

Kempfolds is my new most favourite thing. Ahahahahahahahaha! Ahahahahaha!

Post a Comment