Monday 12 October 2009

Don't worry, I've not lost a hand, and my Dad didn't kill Alec Guinness


It has been quite a considerable time since I wrote anything. This is mainly due to:

a)    Re-locating
b)    Lack of ambition/inspiration
c)    Not having a desk or chair
d)    All of the above are essentially the same thing

Fear not, though! This week I have found enough drive to:

a)    Write a new song, what I like
b)    Write a new blog entry
c)    Make too many a)b)c) lists
d)    And pathetic jokes

Tomorrow I will be picking up an impressively large desk, which I anticipate being far too big for my attic room, which should hopefully make me feel at least a little important. It should also make getting from bed to not bed (and vice versa) unnecessarily difficult.

I have managed to fool myself into thinking that once I have a desk, I will be more inclined and able to apply myself to things like writing and recording. This is almost certainly untrue, but hey. Everyone attaches false expectations to arbitrary objects to make themselves feel better. And besides, who doesn’t like new stuff? Idiots, that’s who.

Speaking of new stuff, I’ve just got a new screen, and it’s absolutely ace. Wizard, in fact. It’s massive, it runs at a wonderful native resolution (1920 x 1080, if you’re asking) and it means I can watch stuff in widescreen without wasting most of the screen as well as fit loads of internet/Word document/Photoshop/Logic/Ableton on. I love it. The icing on the cake is that it was made by Samsung, who sponsor the most wonderful football team in the world, who also happen to be top of the table.

Anyway, that’s what’s been going on here. I’ve got a couple of half written posts about Daniel Kitson, Levon Helm and guitars, expect to see one of them within a couple of days. I might save the guitar one and re-write it after Thursday, as I’m going to see a band with one of the most sensational guitarists I’ve had the pleasure of hearing. It’d make sense to write about him if I’m doing the whole guitar thing. But yeah, I'm trying to get back on the horse.

Although I might need a decent chair first.

db

1 comment:

Charlie said...

good to have you back. enjoyed it.

Post a Comment